Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sooooooooo Sleepy!

Not getting much sleep these days.  It is not good but what can I do?  I can always hope I can get more sleep tomorrow.  I doubt it but I can hope.  Right?

Okay this has been a crazy, crazy week!  I received a call on Tuesday saying my tire willnot be here until Thursday.  Okay, tried to see if I could borrow a car for the next few days but that didn’t work out.  Okay, I can manage just fine.  I made arrangements with my day driver to get a ride from the train on Tuesday, Wednesday and maybe Thursday as well.  So I called a PA taxi service and was able to get a taxi to the train station.  Great!  Nice clean taxi and friendly driver.  I asked if he could pick me up on Wednesday as well.  He seemed to be excited to do so.  The train ride was uneventful and kept my day driver in the loop to where I was the whole ride.  I kind of liked not having to worry about anything on the ride into work!  I just wish the train left the city after midnight.  CalTrain only is available from 4:30 am to midnight or something like that.  I guess I can take the train when it gets a little slower during the week since I normally do not work past midnight.  It might work.  The cost to take a taxi and a train daily is much more than driving though.  Driving for the week my gas costs me between $30 and $40 and taking the taxi/train costs me about $37 a day.  I do not live close enough to walk but maybe I will look into bus times….  Mmmmmmm  That is the next step!  I have never really had to take public transportation much so I am not sure how to find times but I am smart enough to figure it out.  

This past week SalesForce had their big convention.  So many nice wonderful people in the city!  Most drive cars at home so do not normally use a rideshare company so the taxis in the city were BUSY!  I had such a wonderful week!  Most tip very well.  I had many $5 rides and they gave me $20!!  I am good but am I that good.  Yep!  Haha

On Thursday I ended up calling to find out about my tire.  At first no one seemed to know what was going on but then they called me back.  The rim was in!!!!  I guess it was delivered to the Target next door on Wednesday but made its way back to WW on Thursday afternoon.  Awesome.  Okay so they found out the tire had a slash in it so I would have to buy a new tire.  Yet again I didn’t care if they matched just a tire that works correctly.  I really needed to buy all 4 tires but I do not have the money to do that right now.  So I had to do with one right now.  Tire was put on the rim and I went to have them put the new tire and rim on my car.  I ended up going to work pretty late, at about 6:00.  I should have gone to the airport but I went straight into the city.  I did okay but at about 10:00 a migraine hit me.  I do not get them often but with all the stress I have been under I guess that is what set it off. So I went home to go to sleep.  Happy I woke up with it gone.

During the week not only did we have DreamForce we had, SF Opera, SF Jazz, many music venues (we have so many in the city that are always busy!  American Music Hall, Bill Graham, Fillmore, Warfield, Masonic ), Orpheum Theater (Phantom of the Opera is here now), Giants home games, many people out on date night and it was a very warm evenings!  We did get rain on Wednesday night and some of Thursday but that didn’t seem to bother anyone!

Friday was a fun night!  Straight to the airport and it was taking less than 1 hour which really hasn’t happened for about a year.  So great!  I got a ride into the city, actually picked someone up in the city was taken close to the freeway so I went back to the airport.  Got another ride into the city.  Even though the reports were that the airport was moving less than 1 hour I stayed in the city.  It was very busy!

Saturday was another warm day in SF!  If you have never been to our beautiful city, I would suggest it but do not come in summer.  It can be very chilly!  We are on a peninsula that funnels the ocean breezes and marine layer.  If you go down the peninsula the temperature raises about 20° on most days.

Wow!  I have been sick since I started to write this blog posting.  Sorry it has taken me so long to post it.  I will start the new post in a few minutes.

Thank you very much for reading my blog!   I love you very much!

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I think the Chamber of Commerce should hire you. You know so much about the area. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn,

      Thanks! Maybe I will send in my blog post! Thanks for the idea!

      Debbie

      Delete