Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blah.... then Richmond Blah

I started today with very little energy.  I really struggled to sleep last night and just had a hard time waking up.  I hate when the day starts like that.  I just cannot get moving at all.  I am normally in a great mood, which I guess most would think is a little strange.  I got a late start because my day driver got an awesome ride.  I didn’t mind.  I was able to sit in my car and read until she got back to the yard.  

Since I wasn’t feeling like really moving, I thought I would just go to the airport.  I really should have gone into the city because there is a big Gaming conference and the weather was so nice here.  Many people out and about.  Reports from other drivers said that many of the hotels and CalTrain needed taxis.  Instead I sat and read at the airport.  

My first ride from the airport was a guy who had flown into the city for a last minute business trip and he didn’t have a hotel room for the night.  He was making phone calls to hotels and finding they were all booked up.  I let him know that we had a conference in town so maybe if he looked outside of the Union Square/SOMA area he might find something.  I guess he had someone else on a computer looking for a place as well.  He was able to get into a nice big hotel in Union Square area.  He was very happy to have someplace to sleep close to where he was working.  He asked a lot of questions and we chatted about the city and fun things for him to do over his few nights he was here.  

After dropping this passenger off I drove around the city for a little bit and picked up a guy that I drove 3 blocks.  I was driving around for about an hour and heard the airport was moving nicely.  I was still not feeling like moving much so I took off empty (deadheaded) to the airport.  I was able to get in easy and only waited for about 1 ½ hour.  I picked up a guy who wanted to know how much it would cost to go to Richmond and to Petaluma.  I gave his quotes for both.  He said the last time he took a taxi from the airport to Richmond it was only $79 but the sheet that gives us a quote says $96.  I let him know it was metered and he would have to pay for the bridge toll.  He said he was okay with that.  As long as it wasn’t over $100.  He said he would get mad at that but he would still pay.  I put his address into my gps and apparently he put it in his gps as well.  That is okay.  He is welcome to be the one to give me directions anytime but he didn’t actually say anything to me.  Okay.  So he tells me there is something wrong with my taxi, something about a sealed ball bearing is bad and that is why it is so loud in the back of the taxi.  I let him know I would tell the owner.  Maybe he will fix it.  The passenger went on to tell me about all the companies he owns and how awesome he is.  He also tells me he he has to get to Petaluma to help out his sick boss.  Not sure if I owned so many businesses I would also have a job working for someone too.  I was very confused.  Most of the conversation we had was okay and pretty normal until he started to say something about the single mothers in Arizona just having babies for the money.  I was very put off by that comment.  He has never been a single parent and doesn’t know how hard it is to be a single parent.  I don’t think all the people on assistance are baby making for the money.  I think some get on assistance and cannot find a way off of it.  I would have had more babies if I had the chance.  I didn’t say too much during this time.  He quickly changed the subject to something about trains and cars.  At this time I had tuned him out.  He paid me $140 on the $96 meter.  I was happy for that!

I figured I was done for the night.  I am really sleepy now and I am hoping tomorrow will be better.  Not sure I will be any less sleepy but who knows!

Thank you again for reading my blog!  I love sharing my nights.  I will try and start sharing my “old” stories as soon as I have a few extra minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment