Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Stupid tablet, history and age

Okay last week was crap!  I had more problems with the tablet in the taxi.  It is a place where orders for rides come to us, finish off a ride with a passenger and to see how much I have made in a night.  These tablets are new and seem to be a problem for most of us who use them.  This past week the tablet would just turn off without any notification and it would not turn back on for about ½ an hour.  I wasn’t able to work full shifts Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.  Happy it was fixed and working alright on Friday and Saturday.  I almost feel like I am a jinx with this tablet.  The very first time I used one, I had to turn the car in because I made the screen go blank.  I guess I am not as tech savy as I think I am.

All during the week I had some really nice people, all special in their own way but nothing exciting to tell you about.  Friday was the exception to my week.  I had one after another rude or impolite person of people in my taxi.  I don’t know why that happened but it did.  Plus the drivers in the city were HORRIBLE!  Pulling out in front of you then flipping you off like you were the one doing wrong.  Lot of horn beeping for no reason whatsoever.  Why do people beep so much?  Beeping should only be used in emergency.  Happy Saturday went back to being a normal day with happy nice people in my taxi.

After work on Saturday (actually Sunday morning) a few of the taxi drivers and myself had a BBQ.  It was fun getting to know a few of the other drivers.  We are planning on having lunch about once a month.  It should be fun.

I wanted to share a conversation that happened in my taxi a few weeks ago.  Two couples got into my taxi and were having a disagreement about which president was better, Quincy Adams or Zachary Taylor.  It was more about their looks and who they were as people than how they were as a President.  These were 20somethings!  It was the most interesting conversation I have ever heard in my taxi!  They also talked about Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson and their womanizing lifestyle.  I don’t think the disagreement ended after they got out of the taxi!  Great that people are still interested in history.

Have you seen the new TVLand show “Younger”?  It is about a 40 year old lady who is trying to get back into the workforce but is having problems getting a job.  She comes up with an idea to pretend to be much younger (26) to land a job.  She lands the job, makes lots of young new friends and gets a new boyfriend. Such a great show!  Well written and I am actually learning things about the younger generation.  Somethings I do know, because I do not live under a rock but somethings I have no idea what they are.  I guess I like this show more than I should because people always think that I am younger than I really am.  Maybe I should go with the age they think I am.  Haha!  I love being 50 and letting people know I am 50.

Thank you again for reading!  I love you very much!  Need to sleep now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment