Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Angry men, pat downs, orange moon and many more

Normally I am a very patient and easy going person but sometimes people rub me the wrong way.  On Friday night my first pick up in the city was an extremely drunk man.  He had a hard time telling me where he wanted to go.  I waited patiently.  He said Grant and Green at first, we were on Columbus and Green which was a right turn and one block.  He said, No Post and Polk.  I pulled away and he said I need to pull over so he could pee.  I asked him if he really wanted to pee in North Beach with all the people around.  He said, all the cabbies know me and let me pee where I want too.  I asked if he just wanted to get out, he said no just find a place for me to pee.  I got to Columbus and Union trying to turn and he kept saying you could have gone when there was very little space for me to turn.  He kept saying you are too slow and he wanted me to turn quickly and pull over so he could pee.  I said there are way too many children around here to pee outside.  He asked me where I would take him to pee and I let him know I would take him to Post and Polk.  He said that was okay he could wait.  He did continue to complain about how fast I was going, too many cars on the road, me stopping at stop signs and just about anything else that I was doing or not doing.  I turned onto Larkin St because it was it is a much faster street than Polk St (always a lot of traffic and people there). He asked again where we were going because he didn’t say he wanted to go down Larkin St.  At this time I had just about enough.  I pulled over and asked him to get out of my taxi.  He said, no. I asked again for him to get out of my taxi.  This time as he was getting out of my taxi he said he was disabled and I was doing a very bad thing.  I said I am kicking you out of my taxi because you are a very rude man and he kept saying I was doing a bad thing because he is disabled.  I just do not think you should be that rude to anyone!  

Have you ever been to a strip club?  I have not (well, not more than the vestibule).  I watched a guy being patted down as he entered a strip club.  Is that normal?  Has it ever happened to you?

Did you happen to notice the moon on Saturday night at about 1:31 am?  Here the moon was a deep orange silver hanging really low here.  I love looking at the moon!  Always something interesting happening around the moon too.  There is suppose to be meteor showers for the next couple of nights.  Tonight I was able to see a shooting star when I was taking a passenger home to Berkeley.  The passenger remind me to make a wish.  I did.  Still hope to see more, I have more wishes to make.  haha

Taking home drunk people you are never sure what is going to happen when they need to pay.  Dropping off a guy and he kept searching through his pockets looking for his wallet and not finding it.  He asked me if I had it, nope.  He kept searching through his pockets again, like it was going to show up, it didn’t.  He asked me again if I had his wallet, again I said I didn’t have it.  He said he needed to go inside to get his wallet (I guess I really didn’t have his wallet after all, haha).  He went to his door but had to be buzzed in.  Whoever let him in asked him why he wasn’t using a key but I didn’t hear his response. On his way back out he did say he was going to need help with the taxi.  He did pay me without any problems.  

Outside Lands was this past weekend.  It was a fun hearing about all the different bands that were playing at the festival.  There were a few shocking groups that played but most I had never heard of.  Sam Smith and Mumford and Sons was there and I would have to see either of them.  I heard Billy Idol was there, crazy!  I heard he was amazing too!  The person that shocked me the most was Sir Elton John was the main headliner that everyone wanted to go see!  This festival is attended by 30 somethings.  Most were not even born when Elton John was really big.  I did hear that he has a new album out.  It was strange to hear the young men being so excite about seeing someone I loved when I was young!  Elton John still has it!  Talk about staying power.  

I took a passenger to Walgreens in Daly City and while I was waiting outside in my taxi a guy was pushing a shopping cart with a thing of water in it and a container of fruit.  As he pushed the shopping cart off the sidewalk and into the parking lot the container of fruit fell and spilled all over the ground.  The guy just continued to go back to his car doing nothing about the container of fruit.  I am not sure what I would have liked him to do with the fruit but I at least would have picked up as much as I could.  

Often times I have troubles understanding where people want to go but if English is their first language I don’t normally have much trouble but a guy asked me to go to “sorry towed” and I had no clue what he was saying.  I asked him where it was and he said 24th and Mission.  As we chatted a few more minutes on the way to 24th and Mission I figured out where he wanted to go.  El Farolito.  I have not been to this Mexican restaurant but I have heard it is yummy.  Always packed, even at 3:00 am.  Maybe next time my family wants real Mexican food and we are close to the city.

Very sleepy tonight!  I have actually been writing this blog post for 4 days!  I just couldn’t find the words correctly.  I am hoping it makes sense but not sure.  

I did think of one more tip when taking a taxi.  Please, we know you enjoy taking Uber/Lyft please do not say how amazing it is to take one when you are in a taxi.  If it was so amazing why are you taking a taxi?  Must not be that amazing.  Sorry.  Just annoyed with it tonight.

Okay, thank you very much for reading my blog!  I love you very much and hope you get to wish on a shooting star like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment