Thursday, August 20, 2015

Work? Who has time for that.... Me :(

Wow, today someone really didn’t want me to go to work.  I left to go and pick up my son from school but all the gates were locked so he had to go to the front of the school to be picked up.  The front of the school is the worst place to pick up a child from school because everyone wants to pick up their child in the front of school.  The will stop in the middle of the road so their child will not have to walk 10 feet to their car then they wait until their child is done saying goodbye to all of their friends.  Okay, that makes me a little unhappy.  Pull over to a parking space if you can.  Be considerate of others!  What normally takes minutes took 30 minutes.  I then needed to take my son to his sister’s work but most of the roads going to her work were under construction so I had to detour around another 5-6 blocks!  I should have taken that for a sign but I didn’t.  I went to work instead of going home like I really wanted too.


I guess it was a good thing I went to work because it was a very nice night.  Not too busy but nice!


My first pickup was at the airport and it was 2 very nice ladies.  They chit chatted in the back of the taxi the whole way to their hotel.  From what I gathered they have been very good friends about 30 years.  One of the ladies looked so familiar to me but I didn’t want to say anything.  She had very bright spiky red hair and her nose is long and straight.  I thought she reminded me of a cartoon character but I wasn’t sure where I knew her from.  I didn’t try and stare but I would glance back at her every once in a while.  Her friend, I don’t think I knew her.  We arrived at their hotel and I turned around and said, “Do I know you from someplace?”  They were very happy to tell me where I would have seen her!  Made me happy!  I hate to make someone feel uncomfortable.  So she said, I may have seen her in Austin Powers, iCarly and many more shows.  I said, I thought I knew her!  She was on many, many kids shows.  I looked her up on IMBD and she has been on 165 shows!  She is pretty amazing actor!  I let her know I thought she was a pretty cool actress.  She introduced herself as Mindy and shook my hand.  I went and took their suitcases out of the trunk and wished them a wonderful weekend.  I wish I could have asked her for a picture with her but she is on vacation and I wasn’t going to interrupt her fun time.  Oh, her name is Mindy Sterling.  She is much prettier in person.  I would be her friend if I could.  





Driving down Union St almost at the corner of Van Ness there is one of the smallest bars in the city, it only seats 12 people!!  It is called Black Horse Tavern. I have met the owner and he is really nice.  He has owned the bar for a long time.  Well, tonight as a double decker city tour bus passed by the tavern, a loud cheer came out of the there!  The people in the tavern were all holding their beer bottles up in a cheer to the bus.  The next thing I know, the bus is cheering back at the tavern!  San Francisco people are awesome!


When picking up people, I have said it before, I do not care how far I have to take them.  It might be 4 blocks, 10 blocks, across town, across the Bay or just up the street.  It doesn’t matter to me!  I also do not mind taking a credit card.  It is the price of doing business.  Well, tonight I took a guy about 10 blocks away, he said he didn’t want to walk up the hill.  Not a problem.  He said he would take care of me.  It is okay.  Great when someone says that but most tip nicely but not too much.  Tonight this guy gave me a $10 tip on a $7 ride!!!!  It was on a credit card and I tried to tell him that was WAY too much but he insisted!  Wow!!  I know we had a wonderful conversation but am I really that good?  He had just moved to SF a few months ago and had moved from Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I love Michigan people!  Well, he lived there for a couple of years but he loved it there.  


One of the other taxi drivers in a group I belong too writes for a newspaper here in town and he is really good!  I guess he started out writing a blog about how much he hated driving for Lyft.  He now writes about his time driving a taxi and personal stuff.  Well, I had a super fan of his in my taxi the other day!  


After I dropped off a couple of very nice ladies at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental Hotel the doorman started to talk to me.  He said, he really doesn’t like the Uber or Lyft drivers because they are stupid!  His words not mine.  He said they will block the entrance to the hotel and drop off the passengers in the street or they will try and back out of the driveway into the interaction versus going down the driveway.  He is really pro taxi!  He even asked everyone that was walking out of the hotel if they needed a taxi.  He finally got a taker!  I took a very nice guy all the way across town!  Great ride!  He didn’t know but I was happy for the ride!

Okay, I think that is all the excitement I can send out tonight!  Thank you again for reading and I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment