Monday, July 13, 2015

A few stories from the past couple of months

Here are a few stories to wet the appetite for more!

June 17th

I was driving down Fulton St going toward the capitol building, have you seen it?  So beautiful! It is often lit up with different colors typically representing something, like when the Golden State Warriors won the NBA championship or when Marriage was made legal for all states.  Well tonight the capitol building was dark except for one tiny light at the top of the dome.  My first thought was the saying “one if my sea and two if by land”.  The British are coming!  The British are coming!  Okay that is an American Revolution history reference, sorry.  I love learning history things!  So interesting.


June 13th

Have you ever been in the Broadway Tunnel?  Well driving through a tunnel where people can walk?  Well, tonight two guys were walking down the side making scary noises!  It was really creepy driving through the tunnel!  My passengers were even creeped out, one of the guy hit the other guy telling him to stop.  Then they laughed about it.  Strange men.

June 10th

I pick up people that I think I know, most of the time they are someone I have picked up before.  It is wonderful to drive someone more than once and remember something about them.  The passengers even like to know you remember them.  I did pick up a couple of guys and thought I knew one of them but they chatted between themselves so I didn’t interrupt them.  We got to the first destination and the guy I thought I knew said “I know you!  You were my customer!”  I thought I knew him but I thought he was my customer but actually I used to go to the SB that he worked at in Sunnyvale all the time.  We didn’t have time to chat for long since I still needed to take his friend home.  Happy I did pick him up a few days later and was able to chat for his whole ride.  I gave him my new business card, hope he calls me for a ride again soon!  He is a very nice guy!  I was sad when he left the SB in Sunnyvale and moved to one in the city.  I guess he is now a wonderful manager.  So happy for him!

June 9th

I had stopped to drop off a passenger and I pulled over as close as I could to the curb but a bus came up behind me (with plenty of space to drive around me) and continued to beep her horn until the passenger had left my taxi.  Why????  I am hoping she was just having a bad day!  There is no reason to keep beeping a horn at anyone for any reason!  Stupid.  I am legally able to stop where I need to, to actively pick up or drop off a passenger.  Just in case you wanted to know.  

Have you ever seen those carts that serve hot dogs or street tacos?  Well a guy has one-uped that!  He has a smoker grill on the back of his bike, where a baby seat would go and he was serving hot dogs!  Really!  I wish I could have gotten a picture of him with his smoker grill bike!  Way too cool!  He is always on the corner of Mission and 6th St so if you want a to try his hot dogs!  Innovation is amazing!

May 28th

Wow was it a very cold day at SFO!  It was only 58F degrees (14C) I thought summer started much sooner than the end of May!  Happy it has gotten warmer since but not by much!  We haven’t had too many warm days this summer.  We have actually gotten some rain, which is not normal in June and July but we can use so much more.  Hope there is still more to come!

May 24th

There was a bicyclist who had a blinker on his back but his jacket would cover it every once in a while.  It was very strange following him.  At first I didn’t know what was blinking so it was humorous to watch it come and go!  He also used hand signals to turn.  That was awesome to see!  That doesn’t happen often in the city!

June 20th

I picked up a lady who looked like a pinup girl, like Rosie the Riveter.  She had very pale skin, ruby red lips, perfectly styled hair and a black mole on the side of her lip.  She was very cute.  I have seen many with the little mole on the side of the lip lately.  Is that becoming fashionable again?  

I was driving down Market St and this very young male walking with only a string kind of bikini on and a hood that had devil horns on it.  He was pulling along a speaker that was playing the same song loud, over and over but it was a very good song (I cannot remember what it was at this time, sorry but it was a good dance song)  He walked with his head held high and a swagger in his step.  People stopped to take pictures of him and were kind of mocking him.  First off, this is the Castro and “you do you” there!  Who cares.  Second, he was very proud of himself and why shouldn’t he be?  He had an amazing body and awesome moves!  I was jealous and happy to see him.  I am hoping to see him again on the streets soon!  Summer is almost here!

That is all for now. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment