Thursday, July 23, 2015

Feeling GREAT!

I am feeling so much better now!  I just wanted to let you know that if I was so dizzy and off balance I would never have gotten behind the wheel.  I was a little “off” more nauseated than anything else after the first day.  I also called and talked to my doctor and he suggested that I do these movements to move the blockage from the inner ear.  It took a few days of doing this movement to get rid of the blockage.  I will keep doing these movements just to keep the blockage gone.  The movements they told me about I found online by Dr. Foster.  Works wonders!  Happy it is gone and I hope to keep it at bay as well.

Have you ever seen a young man riding a bicycle at night wearing dark clothes and sunglasses?  Well, I have.  I really don’t think it is a good idea to ride a bicycle in the dark with sunglasses on. The guy almost rode his bike straight into me while I was stopped at a stop light.  Happy he saw me at the last moment.  Made me chuckle a little bit.  Hope he was able to make it where he was going without too much troubles.

I am always asked why I do not drive for a rideshare company.  I let them know that I didn’t drive taxi before I they were around so I do not know what it was like before.  I do just fine driving a taxi.  I am not sure why they think driving for Uber or Lyft would be any better than driving a taxi. I only have the cost of gate or “rent” for taxi and the cost of gas.  I do not have to pay to wash, maintain my vehicle (oil changes, brakes, or anything else cars need to stay working), not only their regular insurance but now commercial insurance, nor do I have to make sure I have water or snacks. Those are extra costs they have that I do not have.  For a $20 ride how much do you think the Uber or Lyft driver will actually come back home with?  On average they will only take home about $6 to $7 for that ride and not make a tip.  On that same ride, after taking out gate, gas and maybe lunch, I will take home about $15.  So which is the better deal?  I am still going to drive a taxi.  I am struggling but I talk to many waiters/waitress, bartenders and people in retail and they are saying the same thing.  It is not as busy as it was 2-3 years ago.  The cost to rent/buy/own property in the city is so high that people are now choosing to only go out one night a week or if they are going out more than one night they go to friend’s places.  I am hoping things change soon in the city.

I am happy I am back in my old taxi.  It was hard driving a spare while ours was being fixed.  Spares are older taxis that are used when all the other taxis are in working order.  Spares are not always the cleanest of taxis but I spent a lot of time cleaning when I got into a new spare.

Well, tonight is another night.  Hoping it will be an exciting a fun Thursday night.  Thursdays are normally kind of slow but I heard there is a big race that is coming into town this weekend.  Not sure what the big race is but they are already posting that roads will be closed on Sunday.

Also as a heads up starting August 1st only buses and taxis will be able to turn onto Market St.  Also BART will be not running for a few days from SF to Oakland.  So, if you need a ride…

I think that is all I have for today!  Thank you very much for reading my blog!  It makes me happy that someone enjoys my stories!  I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment