Thursday, July 16, 2015

Last night and a blasts from the past!

Last night was busy but kind of boring.  I was flagged by a lady in the Financial District and she asked to go to North Beach.  I asked her how her day was and she said horrible.  I said I am sorry but she just put her headphones and made pissed off sounds all the way there.  Once we were at her stop she paid me, I said I hoped she had a better night, she said nothing, got out and slammed my taxi door HARD!  Wow, something set her off. I tried to be polite. Maybe I said something wrong.  It happens. Happy the taxi door is sometimes hard to close and closing it hard is a good thing, not the best thing but it will actually latch.

June 27

Gay Pride week , court ruling for marriage equality and all heck breaks out!  So many happy drunk people all over the city!  The Mission and the Castro were packed with tons and tons of people celebrating this historic day.  I was driving down 18th St, noticed a police car on the corner and they were using their flashlights to flag me.  I wasn’t sure what was going on but I waited until it was safe to turn around to go back to them.  The police asked if I could take a lady home, she was really drunk and barely could get into the taxi but she did get in.  Her friend also got into the taxi and off we went.  We started moving to their destination and the very drunk lady started to hit the seats and door in the back.  I asked her to please stop. She stopped for a little bit.  I think she also was doing private things to herself but her friend so nicely stopped her.  On our way the really drunk lady asked me to stop by this bar, not only did her friend try and stop her but I also tried to stop her.  I cannot hold people in my taxi so I pulled over and let her go.  She was gone for a few minutes and came back into the taxi so off we went.  We got to their destination without anymore problems.  Happy about that!

I legally can only take 4 additional people in my taxi and often I am asked, no pleaded to take 5+ people but I will not.  It can be a very big fine for me, if I am caught.  I have had 5 young black men get into my taxi and I asked one of them to get out and they argued to stay in.  I asked them nicely to all get out but they really didn’t want to, asking for my manager’s phone number.  They still did not want to get out of my taxi.  A little moth is what actually got them out.  Made me laugh.  A moth.  What is so scary about a little moth?  hahahaha!  I have seen 7 get into a rideshare Prius. 7!!  Where did they all sit?  That is so crazy.  Hope if you do take one of those rideshare cars you make sure your driver follows all rules of the road.  

People watching is even more fun in the middle of the night in a city.  I watched a young man about 9 or 10 at 11:30 pm stomping up and down the street.  My guess, his father was standing watching him.  It made me laugh.  Sometimes kids have way more energy than their parents.  I could see me doing the same with my kids.

June 28

Often other drivers need rides home from the yard so they ask another driver to take them home, yes they pay.  I have taken home, many, many drivers and I always ask things like how long they have been driving, do they still enjoy driving and how they did that night.  This night I took home a driver who had been driving for 48 years!  That is a very long time and he has seen many, many changes.  He now only drives when he wants too, he is not on a schedule.  He seemed very nice.  I have seen him around the city, mostly in the Castro (easy to pick people up there).  

July 1

Tonight almost every person that got into my taxi tonight was a set of two men!  Since I have been driving I have noticed a pattern in the way things happen in the city.  You will take people to the same out of the way place, to the same hotel, to the same bar, take only $5 bills, take only credit cards, take only cash, pickup only men, pickup only couples, pickup only cranky people or other things.  You can see a pattern in most nights.  It is crazy!  I love my job!

Well that is enough for today!  I am actually almost caught up!  Crazy I know.  I try to find something interesting every night but it doesn't always happen.  

Thank you again for reading and I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment