Saturday, July 25, 2015

Water... Really!

Friday nights lately are a mix of busy and extremely slow lately and last night was no exception.  I was happy to find out that my taxi was fixed by the time I started my shift.  It was the battery!  It made me feel better knowing that it was actually something wrong with my taxi.  I know nothing about cars so I am never sure what I think is wrong is really something wrong.  I guess a taxi last night caught on fire because of the battery.  Hybrid cars are a trip!  I guess the catch on fire because of the battery often, if they are not nicely maintained.  Good thing I caught it when I did!

I stopped for dinner at my favorite pizza place in the city last night.  It was empty when I got there.  I got my pizza and sat down at a table, put my headphones in to listen to my podcasts and ate my pizza.  Hawaiian is what I like!  While I was eating, the place filled up very and was very, very full!  I had just predicted it to the people that work there too!  Funny how that happens.  Well, I was taking my garbage to the trash and a young black man said excuse me.  I looked at him, smiled and said I am sorry and moved away.  I left and walked out of the building.  I stopped to put something else I had in my pocket in a trash receptacle on the street and the same guy with another guy stopped me.  They said I spilled my water on one of the guys, I let them know I didn’t have water. He said, no you spilled my water.  I said, sorry, I didn’t know, I apologize. They really didn’t seem to want to take my apology.  I said again that I was sorry and moved away.  I could hear them talking to others about me spilling water on the guy.  I was a little freaked out at that time.  First off, he didn’t look wet and second, it was WATER!  Oh, my gosh!  Freaking water. I was happy I was approached by two wonderful men who had just gotten married.  We chatted for a time and then I went into the drugstore to pick up a few things before I went back to work.  Happy those boys didn’t follow me and were not around when I came back out.  Back to work I went.  I did see the young boys a little later in the evening. I drove right past them.  Also I do not remember touching anyone when I was in the restaurant.  Maybe the boy spilled the water on himself.

In San Jose the Premier League (or something like that, sorry!) is playing each other and I guess some of the MLS teams.  At the St Regis Hotel in SF, there are tons of screams fans waiting for the teams to arrive every night for the past week or so.  It is so fun to see!  I wish the US was a bigger fan of futbol.  When the World Cup was in Brazil, SF went crazy watching the matches. I really enjoyed them too and I cannot wait for the next set of matches in, what 3 years.  Go Futbol!

Have you ever heard of tomato water?  I had not until I picked up a sous chef.  This nice young guy and I chatted about the new restaurant in the Mission District and he was talking about the foods they served.  One of the things he mentioned was salmon with tomato water.  I had never heard of such a thing.  I asked how you made tomato water and I was even more shocked!  It is much easier than I thought and so many things you can do with it!  I guess I will try and make it sometime.  Sounds interesting!  Do you have any favorite recipes that use tomato water?

I know life is full of surprises, I try and take each with a smile and a positive attitude.  Sometimes the surprises are wonderful and sometimes they suck so bad.  I am ready to have more of the wonderful surprises in my life.  I guess I will keep trying to be a good person and do the right thing.  I am not unhappy right now.  I have a good life and a wonderful family.  Just sometimes the outside world bites you in the butt.

Okay, enough for that now.  Hope tonight there are some exciting and blog worthy things happen.  Thank you again for reading my blog!  I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment