Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Missing a few more days. Here they are

Missing a few stories from me?  I know, I owe you like a years worth of stories.  I will do my best in sharing them with you.

June 24th

Watching a bus make a very quick stop, well not really a stop more of a slow down and quick speed up, you know someone will miss their bus.  I watched a young man run at full speed to catch that bus but he got there as soon as it pulled away.  He even hit the bus as it pulled away but the bus did not stop at all. I was having a great night so I stopped to pick up the young man.  I didn’t charge him anything for the ride.  We chatted until I got him home.  He tried to pay me but I said no.  I asked him to help someone when he could.  He promised he would do.  

When I started tonight at the airport I picked up 3 young boys and they wanted to go to Walnut Creek, meter and a half!  At first I thought they might be cousins and one was visiting but the longer they were in the taxi the more I learned about them.  They were all about 15, not one with a driver's license but are to take the test in the next few months.  All of them are obsessed with cars, they kept picking out the expensive fast cars they wanted on the drive. I guess boys are boys at any age so they also talked about video games and a little bit about girls, mostly girls they all knew.  From the way they talked, two of the boys lived here but were good friends and the third one was a friend who had moved away.  What they talked about was very interesting, for young men.  Happy it was not 3 girls because they would have talked loud and asked to change the music, ask to have the music turned up and talk loudly over it.  Always happy to have young men in my taxi.  One of the young men paid with cash and off I went back to airport.

Picked up a girl who was frantically flagging me.  As soon as she got into the taxi she burst into tears.  I asked her if she was okay, she started crying even more loudly.  Apparently she was out with her girlfriends and her boyfriend didn’t like it.  He called her and demanded she meet up with him at BART so they could go home.  He said she needed to be there in less than 10 minutes or he would jump in front of a train.  According to the girl he only does this when he is drinking.  She says he needs help but he will not go and get help.  She will not leave him for anything because she feels she is in love.  I am hoping she will see what he is doing to her and get some help for herself.

When you pick up people you never know how they are going to act in your taxi. This guy got in my taxi and asked to go to Hotel City.  I said I didn’t know where that was but if he gave me an address I could find it.  He said I should know where it is, it is a 5 star hotel and everyone knows where it is.  I still didn’t know where I was taking him so I asked again.  He said Hotel Park City by Union Square don’t you have internet to find it.  I looked it up.  The only Hotel Park City was in Utah, and I asked if he wanted me to take him there.  He said no, You should know where I want to go.  I looked up Park Hotel and it came up on Sutter St, so I took him there.  I am not sure if it was the right hotel or not but at this point I didn’t care.  I know that is not like me but sometimes people are just rude.  On his $49 ride he gave me a $3 tip.  Wonderful.

Driving down Mission St I was flagged by a young black woman, she wanted to go to Larkin and Ellis.  She asked me to wait while a much,much older man got a bag from another much,much older woman and put it in the back of the taxi.  Lazy lady.  She then asked me to wait for her while she got something to eat at a gas station.  She came back with nasty smelling food and ate with so much noise.  I really hate that.  When we were almost to where she needed to go she called someone to come down and take the bag out of the back of the taxi. She asked me to turn left onto Ellis but didn’t tell me to stop until it was past where she needed to stop and asked me to back up.  I did for a few minutes but then another car came up behind me and I said that is as far as I would back up.  It really isn’t safe to back up too far in the city.  People try and “get hit” behind things like taxis and buses.  They think there is lots of money in doing that.  She asked me again to back up and I said that is as far back as I can go unless you want me to go around the block and she said no.  She paid me the exact fare and really didn’t want to get the bag out of the back but she did.  I was very happy she was out of my taxi.  She was a young woman who should have been able to get the bag without any troubles but she didn’t.  That irritated me.  

Okay, that was a few more stories for today.  Hope you enjoy them.  I know they are not as exciting as they can be or have been but you never know what is going to happen in a night!

Thank you very much for reading and I love you very much!

[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment